'50 Ch Regal Delux, 2 dr -want to make convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '50 Ch Regal Delux, 2 dr -want to make convertible

This may be slightly unrealistic-- I love my 1950 Champion, 2 door Regal Deluxe so much but would love to change it into a convertible. I just drove 2000 miles to Florida and have the whole country ahead over many good years.

Is such a conversion possible?

Do you suggest I pick up a parts car "convertible" and cut my top off etc to achieve this?

Sound crazy?

Would would I have when I am all done, other than having spent a lot of money?

Jim

James Caspi
    1950 Champion Regal Deluxe-2 dr.
    New York, NY.

quote:Originally posted by James Caspi

This may be slightly unrealistic-- I love my 1950 Champion, 2 door Regal Deluxe so much but would love to change it into a convertible. I just drove 2000 miles to Florida and have the whole country ahead over many good years.

Is such a conversion possible?

Do you suggest I pick up a parts car "convertible" and cut my top off etc to achieve this?

Sound crazy?

Would would I have when I am all done, other than having spent a lot of money?

Jim

James Caspi
    1950 Champion Regal Deluxe-2 dr.
    New York, NY.

Crazy, no, unpractical, yes. You "could" make a 52 Hardtop into a convertible if you had a convert parts car, but even that is not a cake walk. It's simple even to make a "parade" car by cutting off the roof to make a fair weather car. To make a 1950 two door into a convert would cost you convertible money.

JDP Maryland
    Disclaimer:
    None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

My 2 cents worth: if you want a ragtop, sell your Champ and go find one. You'll never be able to build something that looks, drives and feels like the real thing.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If you want a 50 convertible stop in and buy mine.

Bo
        Bo

Comment

Working...
        X