Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Mustang II clip on a '57 Hawk (big pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang II clip on a '57 Hawk (big pictures)

A while back I mentioned that my neighbor was rebuilding a Hawk and had a Mustang II front clip welded inplace. Attached are pics I took today of it. I didnt take any measurements, so what you see is what you get. The engine is a 350 Chevy.

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Brent

I'm no expert on installing a front clip but that looks like a first rate install to me.

Keep posting and update us on how it handles in the future when he gets it on the road.

Bob

Comment

Looks pretty good, should work well.
      Whats the big patch in firewall about?

Comment

I don't know why the firewall has that patch, I guess plans must have changed along the way which required some redesign/rebuild.

Autumn at Lake Barget
        In the middle of Minnestudea
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

I don't know why the firewall has that patch
          Maybe to pick up room under/behind the dash for A/C coil and/or heater core?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
          In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
          If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

The only thing I see wrong is the butt weld.
            This should have been closer to a 45 degree angle, cut/weld. The direction of the cut is normally such that the weight of the car pushed down into the weld.
            The way I did my 60 Lark wagon (C4 Vette parts), was the opposite because I placed my cut behind the front body mount, rather than in front. This changes the load a little.

In any case, it's good to see he notched (so to speak) the stock frame so the lower frame plate acts like a doubler.
            Nice job other than that.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X