Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HammondA100
    replied
    You are right.. A DOT seller on Ebay is selling one that is 16-1/4"..

Wow, someone in this town has something other than a Chevy!!

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I'd be inclined to guess that your hose is too short. take a look at the interchange list on my web site, the correct hose should be 17-5/16" in length according to the parts books. The reason that I suspect your hose is short is because 1) I've been able to replace rear shocks before with the car lifted from the frame; the extended length of the shocks doesn't limit suspension travel in any significant way and 2) the correct rear shocks for a Studebaker are very long compared to other shocks, that was a problem when trying to find "performance" shocks that would have the correct operating range for a Studebaker.

good luck

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• HammondA100
    started a topic 57 Slvr Hawk Rear Shocks Issue

57 Slvr Hawk Rear Shocks Issue

Working like mad to get my car ready for Phoenix, I am replacing all the brake lines. I have new hoses and the rear one is severely stresed when jacking up the car indicating the (old) shocks are incorrect.

It's my hope the correct rear shocks on my 57 Silver Hawk will limit the downward or "airbound" travel of the axle when totally extended preventing the stress on the new hose. My new "so called correct" hose is 1-inch shorter than the prior one whch was stressed and the only way I can make it work is to lower the above holding plate bolted to the crossmember.

I really think this just has the wrong shocks as they seem really long and are extended past the dust cover area exposing the inner rod. If anyone can recommend a rear shock replacement or the total extended size that would be greatly apreciated!! Thanks.

I tried to search but kept getting errors..

Just wanting to drive my Stude in the black hills.
Working...
X