Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N8N
    replied
    I'm pretty sure a 57H-K7 should have black painted, but if the stainless makes you happy I can't fault you for using it.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Over the years I had lots of both, what they came from I don't remember, my 57 golden has stainless and I think my 56 Sky hawk also has stainless.

Candbstudebakrs
    Castro Valley,
    California

Leave a comment:

• black56hawk
    replied
    As for the 56 Golden Hawks, according to Frank Ambrogio's 56J authenticity guide:

quote: The windshield interior mouldings (4 pieces including the mirror bracket) were changed from stainless steel to black painted mouldings some time late in the production run.
    As for the rear window inside trim:

quote: The 4 piece back window garnish moulding and clip group was stainless steel. The parts catalog shows no sign that the back window garnish moulding was changed to the black painted surface as were the windshield opening garnish mouldings described above). A few survey members* indicated the rear mouldings on their were painted, but were not sure if they were original.
    *for example my Mom, when reporting about what is now my car; it has black painted windshield and rear window garnish mouldings

Leave a comment:

• jbwhttail
    replied
    The centerpiece is chrome the remaining parts are stainless, at least on my 56J.

It is an addiction!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Sorry Rich, I beg to differ. Yes some '56 Golden and Sky Hawks came with stainless. Maybe even '55 Speedsters too, I can't remember.

My granddad has a full set from a '56 GH. Seen it with my own eyes. Not for sale.

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I swear that I've had stainless pieces for this... 56J maybe? or did I just have really nice chrome?

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It was only on the Hardtops, Sky hawk & Golden Hawk, unlike the inside window trim, it was not stainless, just chromed steel and rust prone.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• tempestan
    started a topic 1956 C/K windshield and rear window trim

1956 C/K windshield and rear window trim

The inside windshield and rear window trim offered in 1956 for C/K bodies......in lieu of painted trim...was this trim chrome plated steel or stainless steel?

Thx, tempestan
Working...
X