X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christophe
    replied
    Dear Studerich,

My GT is an export model finally built in Belgium in D'ieteren's. The 6 cyl. engine is original and has equipped most of the european models . I suppose this is because fuel consumption and taxes.
    Studebaker International accepts to sell me a new clutch without core, so my clutch problems are over.

Have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    So are you customizing a '63 GT Hawk to install a 6 Cyl. engine, or working on a Canadian one or what?

A V-8 Hawk 289 uses a 10 1/2" Clutch! [:0]

Both 6 and 8 Cyl. pressure plates and clutch discs are readily available. [:0]

I think I missed something here!

UPDATE: OK France! Well in that case, it needs to come from a U.S. Studebaker Vendor!

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• christophe
    started a topic 63 6 cyl. clutch

63 6 cyl. clutch

Hello.

I've just got the engine out of my GT. I realise now that the clutch problems I've had came from a wrong type clutch. Modern parts (disc & pressure plate) have been used and they are badly misfunctionning. So I need a new clutch assy. (8,5" diameter). My problem is that I really don't know what it looks like and the shop manual gives very little information about the subject. If anyone having such parts could take a few pictures of them, that would be a great help to me.

I wish a nice day to all of you.
Working...
X