X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jallen
    replied
    If you are thinking about new metal brake lines try
    www.OldTimeParts.com. I like their product and service.
    You should be able to get the soft hoses at your flaps.

Leave a comment:

• okc63avanti
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb

My Avanti's are early 63's which have a brace on the underside of the hood that a dual master cylinder hits, so I had to go back to the single (original) master. I did however use one from Ed Reynolds that had been sleeved with stainless steel, so that should at least add to the life of the part.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    Warren there is a way to adjust a dual MC to fit under the hood of the early Avantis. I believe it involves using some spacers on upper bolts where the power booster mounts to firewall to give the MC a little bit of downward slope. Check out Bob Johnstone's web site.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    My Avanti's are early 63's which have a brace on the underside of the hood that a dual master cylinder hits, so I had to go back to the single (original) master. I did however use one from Ed Reynolds that had been sleeved with stainless steel, so that should at least add to the life of the part.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Nostalgic Motors in Michigan might carry a conversion kit (ie, the necessary steel lines). They do offer kits to change from the NLA early-70s master cylinder to a more common m/c.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Rerun

This would indicate that the rear seal of the M/C is leaking. The fix is to remove and rebuild/replace the M/C.

If your M/C is the original single circuit type, this would be a good time to consider converting it to a dual type for safety considerations.

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II
    It'll soon stop leaking, but the car won't stop at all once the fluid leaks out.

JDP/Maryland

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    What he said!

I agree. This is definitely a case of where safety trumps purism and originality. Go for the dual master cylinder.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    This would indicate that the rear seal of the M/C is leaking. The fix is to remove and rebuild/replace the M/C.

If your M/C is the original single circuit type, this would be a good time to consider converting it to a dual type for safety considerations.

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II

Leave a comment:

• long1776
    started a topic 63 Avanti master cylinder.

63 Avanti master cylinder.

I've a slight leak where the m/c connects to the power booster. According to the parts catalog there is no gasket between these two surfaces. What would you do? Making a gasket? Using permatex liquid gasket?
Working...
X