8E-7 steering knuckle tie rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E-7 steering knuckle tie rod

Can anyone tell me the length of this Champ pickup tie rod without the ends installed? It should be part no. 1696861 according to the parts book.
    Thanks,

Leon Martin, Australia.
    Leon Martin, Australia.

What is the plate number? It will be 13XX-X. And is it the first type or second type?

Comment

Alan,
      Not sure what you mean; "plate number"??
      Truck is an 8E7-112. VIN is E7-19724. The steering is the second type for an 8E.
      Leon.

Leon Martin, Australia.
      Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

Leon, When you look at the truck parts book there is a number in the upper right hand side of the page. Like on page 305 Typical Front Axle, Steering Knuckle and Linkage it says Plate 12-1. All parts are identified by that plate number. There maybe 10 part nos. under that plate no. Plus you drive on the wrong side of the truck. And the numbers are different for those too. R.H.C.

Comment

Alan,
          Ah! I thought you were talking about a plate attached to the vehicle! Sorry.
          My book is 7E-8E; January 1963. Plate number is 12-1; page 305, lower diagram, 2nd type. The number is 1207-3. This gives the part number I mentioned earlier.
          I believe this part is the same for LHC and RHC. The truck is RHC.
          Thanks,

Leon Martin, Australia.
          Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

It is 44 1/2". Without ends. 47 1/2" Center to center of tie rod ends. With 1/16" of toe in.

Comment

Working...
            X