Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wdills
    replied
    I wish I could keep working on it since things were going so good. Unfortunately, my real job has taken me down to sunny Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to do a little work for the Navy on the power plant down here. Hope to be back in a couple weeks to work on my car. That is a lot more fun than this is down here. By the way, temp here was 93 F at luch time.

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• 57 Silver Hawk
    replied
    wdills, Keep up a good job on your project Hawk!

Steven

Leave a comment:

• hawk1up
    replied
    Wayne I like your Hawk. I have had my 59 Hawk 34 years.Mine's a 6.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by wdills

I knew the hood wasn't right for the year but I wasn't sure which year it was from. Anybody have hood that they don't need? Anybody need a 56 hood?
    You can probably sell that '56 hood for what you can buy two '57-61 hoods for.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• wdills
    replied
    I knew the hood wasn't right for the year but I wasn't sure which year it was from. Anybody have hood that they don't need? Anybody need a 56 hood?

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Wayne it looks like the car has a 56 hawk hood on it, one year only hood...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
    Castro Valley,
    California

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Wayne, I see you really got something there.keep us up-dated.

Joseph R. Zeiger

Leave a comment:

• wdills
    replied
    Here are a few photos of the car. Body is in pretty good shape. Floors are rotten.

Delivery day back in October

Didn't run the car much today, that water pump leak just keeps getting worse. I think I'll wait until I get the new pump in before I run much more. Started working on other stuff and I was shocked at how much worked after just a little work. I now have working wipers, head lights, tail lights, parking lights, horn, and the heater blower even runs. Life is good.

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Wayne if I am not to late , you don't need to take the fan shroud off to change the water pump, just take the belt off and let the generator roll back on the lower pivot points, then reach in and with one hand hold the fan and the other loosen the bolts, remover the fan then go ahead and remover the bolts for the water pump, its a little tight but not bad, then when you start to put every thing back the pump will be easy but you will find the pulley and fan want to keep moving around and a little hard to get the bolts to line up, here is the trick get 2 bolts the same size but an inch longer and cut off the heads then install the 2 cutoff bolts into the water pump and let them stick out then slide the pulley over the bolts then the spacer then the fan , now take the right bolts and screw in 2 of them in the other holes when they are in place take out the 2 cut off ones and install the last 2 originals ones then put the other things together, works real easy...good luck...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
    Castro Valley,
    California

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    That's an excellent step-by-step, textbook procedure for re-awakening a long-dormant engine. That should be a 'sticky' here. Nice work[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Leave a comment:

• wdills
    replied
    Yea, I was planning an oil changes and a do little tuneing of the carb this weekend. After that I plan to re-check the point gap and maybe check valve clearance. Any other items I should address quickly?

Wecklund, you are absolutely right. Working on this with Dad is great. He was never very intrested in the Mustang but he is psyched over this Hawk. We discovered the leaking water pump last night, this morning at 8:15 he was calling me from NAPA letting me know they couldn't get the pump and that I should order it from SI. This is gonna be fun.

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    Now you've got it running, change the oil a couple of times to get the stuff that was sticking it out and any odd oil that got dumped in.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• rusty65
    replied
    Excellent!! I love it when a plan comes together...

Leave a comment:

• wecklund
    replied
    That is a good story, and inspiring. Thanks for taking the time to share. The fact that it's something you can do with your dad is frosting on the cake!

Leave a comment:

• laughinlark
    replied
    Awesome, Another one running. Definitely won't to see some pics.

Gordon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X