Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackb
    replied
    I can report that the braking on my truck was fine. I did have to install new shoes, 1 drum and of course new rubber and steel lines....Having never driven another truck, I can't compare....I eventually replaced the entire set up with a complete 63' drum and adjustables set up, and quite frankly, based upon my driving didn't notice the difference....

Leave a comment:

• 63r2
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Yup, you are correct (7/8"), Stude Part # 684608. Used on all "E" series 1/2 tons before the 8E series.
    Of course the most expensive ones.
    Jeff
    I assume you might have to pump the brakes if the master cylinder can't keep up with the increased volume.
    pb

Leave a comment:

• JeffDeWitt
    replied
    What happens if you use a different size? Would a bigger one make braking any better?

Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

Leave a comment:

• 63r2
    replied
    Thankyou for the confirmation gentlemen.
    pb

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    I find Dave T. to be very KNOW HOW!

Joseph R. Zeiger

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    well..here's 2 suggestions...no, 1: call Dave T-bow and ask him for brake parts for the rears of a 7E7.....

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by jackb

....with one correction: about 1/2 way through the 7E (1962) model year, the 1/2 ton trucks received 56-58' 3/4 and/or 1 ton 4WD rear cylinders in 3/4 or 15/16th diameter.
    Well, you learn something new every day! [B)] I would sure like to see the documentation on this one.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    ....with one correction: about 1/2 way through the 7E (1962) model year, the 1/2 ton trucks received 56-58' 3/4 and/or 1 ton 4WD rear cylinders in 3/4 or 15/16th diameter. A good brake book from the period will show this...not any (many) of our vendors...how do I know....I know. Dave Thibeault had a master brake book that broke down the vin #'s for 62'....Seems they wanted to empty stock from previous years instead of ordering new replacements knowing the brake changes designed for 63'.......

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Yup, you are correct (7/8"), Stude Part # 684608. Used on all "E" series 1/2 tons before the 8E series.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Leave a comment:

• 63r2
    started a topic 1/2 ton Champ 6e7 brakes

1/2 ton Champ 6e7 brakes

Could anyone confirm the size of the rear wheel cylinders on 6e7 Champ ute. I believe they should be 7/8".
    Mine have been replaced with brand x ones and I would like to go back to the original ones.
    Many thanks
    Peter
Working...
X