Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Studebaker Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Paint

I found a website that has the origional paint chips for Studebaker's I will be using it to finally decide on the color of the Lark. Here is the link, I hope this helps other's in there quest for a beautiful car.

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/

Randy_G
    South Bend or Bust 2007!
    God I miss chrome on cars.
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

My 64 Cruiser was repainted in 93 and I have the modern formula for the Strato-Blue, if anyone is interested.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Randy_G

I found a website that has the origional paint chips for Studebaker's I will be using it to finally decide on the color of the Lark. Here is the link, I hope this helps other's in there quest for a beautiful car.

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/

Randy: I put in 64 Studebaker and it said it didn't have any paint for that year. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Comment

Yup, doesn't even work for 1960!! Works great for a '64 Ford.

OHHH! I got it, you do not use the Make, Model Year thing on the left, use the "Color Chart" on the right! OK thanks!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Go to color charts on the upper right hand side of the page, not the search on the left.

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/colorchar...AutoMakerId=97

3E38
          4E2
          4E28
          5E13
          7E7
          8E7
          8E12
          8E28
          4E2
          59 Lark
          etc

Comment

I tried all their searches and the closest I got for my '53 Coupe was Plymouth. Autocolorlibrary.com lists most of the chip sheets. For my purpose, I'll still have my paint supplier do a scan. If the color doesn't match it's his skin, not mine.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

PPG site needs some work. When you click on thumbnail for 1947 Studebaker-Packard(sic) it pulls up 1968 Pontiac. Some of thise colors would look pretty good on a 1947, especially compared to the generally drab colors South Bend offered in '47.

KZ
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X