Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

Does anyone know if there have ever been headers made for the 232 V8 engine found in a 1952 Commander? If so, do you know where they can be obtained?

The only folks that I know of who have had headers on a 232 built their own. I guess you would have to build your own or have a custom shop fab some up. However, if you are looking for more performance and not just eye wash you are wasting your money.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Yep...no off the shelf headers available...for ANY stude engine.

As for no perfromance, eye-wash...
      While admittedly the gain will be small, mostly because of the engine rpm's normally used by Stude engine/drivers, there CAN be gains with a proper design. But like I said, they will be a minimum gain.

My Conestoga "will" be getting a header for its 299 after the initial bugs are worked out.

Which brings up another point...most think that bolting on a set of tube headers will automatically gain power. Not normally so. With better intake and exhaust...more fuel will be required.

Mike

Comment

Actually, back in the day, there were three different manufacturers who offered tube headers for the 232" V8. They used positively tiny tubes. I've got a set stored at Alan's shop for eventual repair and restoration. Maybe he can post a photo.

X3, headers, whether tube or R3 cast, are worth very little additional horsepower on a stock Stude V8. Spend a couple of thousand on head and intake porting, larger intake valves and then headers will show additional horsepower.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Working...
        X