Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Looking for pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pulley

I need a new-used crankshaft pulley/hub for my '48 M-16 with the commander engine.

The pulley came loose from its rivets and wore through the hub cutting it into two pieces. Luckily it didn't cut into the crankshaft. The only problem I have now is trying to remove the seal surface that is still pressed on the crankshaft. Thanks, Neal

Yes I am finding out that it is a part that is hard to come by. I think I will make my own, that way I don't have to sleeve the groove in order to put a neoprene seal in the timing cover. I am also considering a serpentine pulley as an upgrade. Neal

Comment

Neal, look up a forum member who's forum name is oldcals and send him an E-mail. He's got a bunch of M-series parts and hulks. Fred is his name.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X