'63 Avanti Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A suggestion...
    If you have an S-I repro grille drop Ed a line and tell him about it.
    He might not be able to do anything about the material used (full round vs half) because of availability, but I'm guessing he could sure fix the horizontal bars in front error.

He may not know and could have a word with the supplier.

Who knows, it might work.
    Remember, we're dealing with an SDC member, not some faceless outfit that just ships stuff from China.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:A suggestion...
      If you have an S-I repro grille drop Ed a line and tell him about it.
      He might not be able to do anything about the material used (full round vs half) because of availability, but I'm guessing he could sure fix the horizontal bars in front error.

He may not know and could have a word with the supplier.

Who knows, it might work.
      Remember, we're dealing with an SDC member, not some faceless outfit that just ships stuff from China.
      I had planned to discuss the grille with Ed at Reedsville, but he didn't come. I had hoped to discuss it with him at York, but he didn't come. I emailed Ed concerning this thread, asking if he could comment. I got no reply. Maybe he is too busy with the move.

BTW, the original grille that I got at York has the black paint on the vertical bars.

Jim Bradley
      Lewistown PA
      '78 Avanti II
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

Not to bash our vendors, but I have experienced problems with a handful of reproduction parts in the past and just want to warn everyone how important it is to inspect parts closely when they arrive -don't just assume because you paid good money from a reputable source that they are going to fit and look correctly.

It really sucks to get stuck with crappy parts because you didn't realize they were defective until you finally got around to installing them months after their purchase.

Sorry too late!! No returns, refunds or exchanges!!!

I'm tired of suppliers blaming their manufacturers. If the suppliers aren't policing the quality of their parts, then they aren't doing their job.

Buyers beware!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

Working...
        X