51 C-Cab color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 C-Cab color

I posted a couple days ago. On my build sheet for a 51 C-cab that I am restoring, it has a P 2243 M. Blue code and a 6036 trim code. Everyone here has been telling me that the color is Midnight blue but the studebaker museum says that the color should be Maui Blue. Can someone please help me get this figured out. I am starting to put the truck back together from a full rotisery restoration and I want the color right.

Thanks,
    D.A.

quote: I am starting to put the truck back together from a full rotisery restoration and I want the color right.
    Assume you are painting and wet sanding prior to re-assembling. Having done several, it is much easier and results in a better finished product to paint each piece separately and then assemble.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

Yes I am painting pieces before I reinstall but what I am having trouble coferming is the paint color.

D.A.

Comment

As Skip said, that is the [u]combination</u> number. The body color is Midnight Blue. I'm reading that in Studebaker's own paint chart. Some old paint numbers are 8303, N-0521, and WUP. These old numbers probably are meaningless today.
        http://www.studegarage.com/truckpaint.htm
        Trim 6036 is called Tuscin Beige. It's used on the instrument panel, glove box door, upper door panels, and sliding seat frame. Headliner, sunvisors, and seat cover are matched to that color.

So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Working...
        X