Interchangeable parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangeable parts??

Does anyone know if dash and door parts off a 57 President are the same as what are on a Champion Deluxe?

I have a Champion and someone on ebay is parting out 2 Presidents.

Please advise.

Thanks for all of the advise.

Don

A suggestion if you do not have a parts catalog. List what dash and door parts you want to interchange.

Comment

What Doug said!

One thing to remember though, SOME window regulators and other door parts are the same between body types, BUT many are peculiar to the 2 Dr. or 4 dr. or long Wheelbase President Classic Sedans, or Station Wagons, 2 or 4 Door etc.

If your car is a "W" body short W/B 4 Dr. Sedan for instance, a Champion is the same as a Commander or President IF they are "W" bodies except door panel trim and some exterior mouldings, the REAR doors on the President Classic "Y" body are different. [:0]

It is easy to look them up in the Body Parts Catalog and compare Part Numbers.

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I do not have a body parts catalog.

I think mine is a w body

Comment

Don, what specific parts are you talking about?

Joseph R. Zeiger
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I am specifically looking at horn ring, spedometer, door handles, window handles, etc.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 57studechampion

I am specifically looking at horn ring, spedometer, door handles, window handles, etc.
              Well none of those are specific to the door size or model, so all would interchange except the horn ring, if the Champion has the std. wheel, you need the complete steering wheel to change from the horn button, to a Deluxe wheel with the horn ring.

If you own a Champion Deluxe (W4) (body type on the tag on the firewall passenger side under hood) the inside window cranks and door handles will work, if it is a Champion Custom (W2) they [u]will not</u> fit the regulators.

You really do need the Studebaker Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs, and probably the Shop Manual, if you own a Studebaker!
              The CD is only $19.95 at Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com for all three! [^]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks I was not aware of a CD.
                Will order one TODAY.

Comment

I just went to website and can not find where to order from. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Here's a link to a similar conversation yesterday.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=38556

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                    Tom Bredehoft
                    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                    ....On the road, again....
                    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
                    X