No announcement yet.

Repairing a conv top frame? Pics Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try Presige T-Birds. If they don't know the sizes let me know I will measure mine. There are at least two different dia. in the kit. The way they work. Some have a carter pin on the end and the others have a slot in the frame and a pin that slides through the frame and locks them in. They are on the expensive side but this is the going rates for Corvetts and T-birds. We Stud people are really lucky on the prices of some of our parts. I may have a couple old rusty ones you can have?? I have to go look and see if I still havr them.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Now that I see which one you need, that's another issue. I rechromed those arms twice and to do that one has to waste those pins. I found a shoulder bolt for mine because they have to thread in to a nut and also be able to be used smoothly without threads in between the frame and that arm. I will see if I can find the same ones. Are you going for simple reliable use, or concours, Allen?

Comment

Hey Dave,

I just want Caroline to be able to put the top up and down and not have her call me to rescue her during a rain storm. As far as Concours is concerned it's for those trailer queens and the guys that don't drive'em or fix'em, if you know what I mean.

Was this shoulder bolt you used a nice fit? If you can find one I would really appreciate it, Spring is just around the corner and she's itchin at the bit.

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
        Oakville, Ontario.
        Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment