• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts wanted

input shaft 1548011 and bearing retainer 154810

my bad- both numbers wrong- need 1540810 and 1540811

Comment

If there is a specific year or model for these parts, it might help as many people (non-vendors) may not be anxious to look through car and truck parts manuals to see if they have access to those parts. Just a suggestion

Comment

I have a new input shaft for the T-85 trans, but no part#. Give me dimensions & # of teeth & I'll ck.

Barry'd in Studes
        Barry'd in Studes

Comment

for TX Rebel: Input shaft I'm replacing is 10 spline, 17 tooth gear. Nose piece = 11/16 inches( 19 mm ) diameter and 1 23/32 inches ( 44 mm ) long. Nose tip to case = 7 1/2 inches. Splines cut 2 1/16 inches ( 51mm )long and 1 1/8 inches =( 28.5 mm )shaft diameter. Bearing retainer I need to replace from case to end = 3 1/2 inches and OD of the tube = 1 13/32 ( 38 mm ). Tube part is 2 3/4 inches ( 74 mm ) long. My trans has the R11 OD with a fixed ( bolted ) yoke i.e. not the long tailshaft.

for Doug: Parts I need would be the ones a 56 Golden Hawk had on it's T85C-1A (from factory) transmission.

Comment

I believe I have a NOS input shaft that matches your descrip...

Barry'd in Studes
            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Larry,
              I believe the part numbers you mentioned are correct, but the application you want is for a 1957 or 1958 car (golden hawk, etc). The 56 cars (except the golden hawk) use those parts also.
              Just a question, could a custom extended pilot bearing make the input shaft you have work? I believe the two transmissions only vary by 3/4" or less. I have both types of 1956 car t85 transmissions here, and I could measure stuff for you if you want.
              This thread might help also.
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=20399

54 Champion coupe
              48 Champion Convert

Comment

Working...
              X