Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Parking Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lights

I finally got around to finding out what the other headlight rocker switch on the Avanti overhead panel is for...parking lights.

Of course, the switch does't do anything.

The turn signals all work...any suggestions as to where to start looking for the problem?

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

I believe that the main headlight switch overrides the parking light
    switch, so it might not be doing "anything" if the other switch isnt
    already on.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

There are three blocks of two switches each. In each block, the left switch is on/off, (either the lights, pannel lights, or heater blower). In each block, the right switch is sort of hi/lo, (head or parking lights, dim or very dim pannel lights, hi or low blower speed).
      It was aircraft inspired; like the red pannel lights, and throttle like controls on the console, ("T" handles on '63's). I think we are supposed to pretend the left switches are breakers.
      Mike M.

Comment

Working...
      X