1958 Packard Hawk Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Packard Hawk Radio

Can anyone tell me what the correct original radio would have been for this? I have a recent model radio installed in mine, and of course it needs to go. Thanks.

The Packard Hawk used the same radios used in any 58-60 model Studes. Get a build sheet to determine which of 3 or more radios yours may have been equipped with: Manual tuning, p. but., or wonder bar type which most seem to have had.

Barry'd in Studes
    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

My Packard Hawk, #LS 1074, was made in late 1957 and does not show a radio on the build sheet. The radio in it now was in the dash in 1966 when I bought the car as a basket case. The supercharger was gone and auto transmission stuck in 2nd gear. The radio in it has about five tan push buttons for programmed tuning, a round on-off knob on the left, and a round tuning knob on the right. The round knobs are similar to the other dash knobs except the plastic is white. The other dash knobs have black plastic. I installed a 1958 Studebaker-Packard air condioner in 1969 so I can't see the bottom of the radio.

58LS Since 1966

Comment

I have a WONDERBAR ( station seeking) in mine.
        Welcome to the forum. Is your car finished or needing restored?

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.
        sigpic

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.

Comment

Comment

For some reason I got that radio with white knobs and push buttons in my truck. It's not hooked up so I assume it doesn't play. If you want it as a complete non working core it's yours for 250. free postage. Pre-ebay sale. forum only. poop-n-stuff

Comment

Such a DEAL!

Barry'd in Studes
              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TX Rebel

Such a DEAL!

Barry'd in Studes
                Does that like mean it's a good deal or is my price out of line? Sometimes I don't always catch on to whatever people mean by their words. Thats why I am asking. If you are interested in it maybe if you have something to trade that you basically got for nothing and if it's worth 250.00 I am open. Guns, knives,hunting equipment especially old. and Rolex watches. Perhaps a Studebaker part. Occupied Japan tin toys are nice.. Just about anything cause I will often collect just plain old junk. Least my wife says so. Do you happen to have any Victorian era or WWII era poop scoopers? If you need this radio I can probably let it go for a lot less than 250. Heck, why not, I paid 600.00 for it and there was a truck attached to it. It's got to be semi rare as there were just not a whole lotta Studebaker Bodied Packards made. You know white knobs and all. I'm new to Studebakers but thanks to reading the posts, some things are rubbing off. Dan----"Poop For Your Pen Pals"

Comment

I've seen a few wonderbar non working radios on EBAY for under $75.00.
                  Your price way out of line [:0][:0].
                  You may want to reconsider your asking price.

Packardbakerly,
                  J.D.
                  sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                  J.D.

Comment

I have before you posted lowered my price to less than 250. Basically because of Mr. Rebel's words only because I think he meant opposite of what he stated. Dan----- Poop-In-Privacy-Please

Comment

Surprise. I would like to announce that I now have a working Packard radio. I hooked it up to my battery charger, a old stereo speaker, and an antenna I had lying around. The volume control is a little noisy but Harold my friend who is a full time block layer and taking an evening electronics course says a shot of tuner cleaner inside the control will fix it. I am truly blessed. Dan-----Poop Or Get Off The Pot or it's going to e-bay. Make an offer. Thank you

Comment

Yes, was being a bit facetious, but it should bring your price now that it has tested good- if it is a clean unit.

Barry'd in Studes
                        Barry'd in Studes

Comment

No pits in the chrome and the knobs and buttons look nice. I'm going to spring for a digital camera. Hauling Poop is the Pits Ask me how I know. Dan

Comment

When it comes to anything about Studebaker radios, check with Dan Skidmore, he's restoring mine as we speak. He may have one available or point you in the right direction.
                            He advertises in Turning Wheels.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Can you give me Dan Skidmore's contact information? I can't find it. Thanks.

Walt

Comment

Working...
                              X