Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

transmission linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission linkage

Fellow Stude-addicts, 1957 Silver Hawk 289 manual column shift T86 trans w/O.D. (trans "C67 T86E-1A" <<the 6 looks like an 8>&gt. The shift linkage has been heated and bent (PO "worked" on transmission and the car was partially apart when I got it). I have had to rebend...now the transmisson shifts but I want to buy the two shift linkages unaltered so that there isn't any potential binding, rattling, etc. The gas pedal linkage is very close to the linkage currently...I just want to make it right! If anyone has these two linkages with the original factory bends (I do not believe the linkages would ever need to be bent) and willing to sell...please contact me at rays@premiumair.net. Can call me at 877/430-0333 during day hours.
    By the way, with your support and advise, the Silver Hawk engine has been machined, new pistons, rings...the works. Runs & starts great...no leaks...70 PSI oil pressure @ idle. Engine is on frame & repaired body is on frame. Will be posting a picture step-by-step from dragging it out of the feild, tear down, rebuild, to test drive. THANKS

Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark
Working...
X