Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

turner brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turner brakes

will probably use the turner kit for my '64 avanti. what 15" wheels will clear that kit? a 6" width would be nice with the radial tires available today. thanks

gfperry
    gfperry

E-mail Jim Turner. He has all of the ins and outs down pat, he can tell you for certain what is what. Heck of a nice guy to deal with..

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

15 X 7 Old American 200S's fit good for me.

Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I just put on Jim's deluxe system (everything needed to complete the job). Everything went on easily in an afternoon (also needed a day to strip off all the old system and clean up the spindles/suspension). Putting on the new collars (by heating was fun and easy). Quality of the components was very good. You do need to have some red locktight and long cotter pins on hand that are not included in the kit. And be prepared to grease the new wheel bearings.

I am running radial 205s from Universal Tire, America series. They look great and really fit the car. John in VA

1963 Avanti R2
        John
        1963 Avanti R2
        Marshall, VA

Comment

I use 15X6 Crown Vic wheels. Need to use 13/16 lug nuts as opposed to the 3/4. They fit front and rear Turner kits just fine.

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

Working...
          X