Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Ah, the joys of engine swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That weld job looks great.

Is there any concern of the close distance to the brake line and the heat from the header? Looks very close in the picture.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Michigan

Gonna do er up right
      Dan

Way to nice a vehicle to cobble-up a solution. CASO be darned in a case like this.

Down the road, you'll be glad you did it this way every time you open the hood.

Me likee lots.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Michidan

In other words, this is how to turn $170 headers into $500 headers.

Beautiful work! []

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The brake line is actually no problem, farther than it looks. The gas line runs along the frame here though, trying to keep that far away as possible...
          Was just looking at that picture and reminded myself to grab a 90 zerk fitting. I'd hate to have to pull he motor to grease the suspension.

www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

That's why I love this forum - you guys give me hope there's still folks out there willing to figure out how to git'erdun RIGHT and put some muscle and pride into making it happen.

Good on you, Dan. I want one of the first rides when she's done - right after the photo session you're about to promise me

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
            In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
            If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Working...
            X