Avanti hood latch, springs etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti hood latch, springs etc

In an earlier post it was discussed the color of the hood springs. I wish to expand that to discuss the surface treatment/ color, of the other parts making up the hood/ trunk locking and opening mechanism.

Cadium(sp) plated from the factory. IIRC, springs are black. HTHs

Dan Miller
    Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
    Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Cad Plating:

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Thank you, it's an excellent way of answering my question. However, I doubt that the jack and lugwrench were plated, mine are semigloss black. Are there any other parts that you've plated but which were not plated originally. When it comes to old cars I prefer strict originality, sometimes to the absurd!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by long1776

Thank you, it's an excellent way of answering my question. However, I doubt that the jack and lugwrench were plated, mine are semigloss black. Are there any other parts that you've plated but which were not plated originally. When it comes to old cars I prefer strict originality, sometimes to the absurd!
          Those were plated for rust-protection (you know how much moisture gets in the trunks)... and will be painted the correct black before installation. I should have noted that, but I was pretty tired when I posted, and didn't take the time to "remove" the items from the photo.
          To be clear, the power-window wire protectors are also painted (primer + overspray). But I'm pretty sure that's it in the photos.

Ray

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

I believe the hood hinges and fasteners to the nose panel should be body color as I understand they were assembled to the body prior to body painting. This also applies to the trunk hinges, springs and attachment items.

Comment

WCP's statement is correct.

Comment

Working...
              X