Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeSchack
    replied
    SI has Loma Gray spray paint....part number 801925...Loma Gray instrument panel and window trim 1953 Interior Paint

11 oz. aerosol can.

Ted
    '57 Champion

Leave a comment:

• Bengt53
    replied
    http://www.studebaker-intl.com/PDF/Interior.pdf

Bengt Engwall
    1953 Commander Starliner

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Years ago Charles Schnetlage advertised with Loma Gray paint.
    Charlie passed away and I think that Chuck Collins bought his inventory.
    He has a website under Studebaker Parts I believe.
    http://www.studebakerparts.com/
    He is a good guy to know.
    He also had the very difficult to find 1961 tail light lenses reproduced!!
    Robert Kapteyn

Leave a comment:

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by ralt12

The picture is a stock, unmodified '53 Commander, as I received it. That's what the instrument hoods looked like.
    I always hesitate to contradict anyone, but I'll guarantee you this car did not come from the factory with a blue dash.

All dashes for '53 were painted gray (or "greige" or whatever you wish to call it) with gold under the lips of the "hoods" for the Commanders. That was one of the complaints from the salespeople--all '53 interiors were too drab, which is why the '54s and later had much more colorful interiors.

So, while that dash color is interesting, it is NOT OEM.

John

Leave a comment:

• Bengt53
    replied

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied

The picture is a stock, unmodified '53 Commander, as I received it. That's what the instrument hoods looked like.

'53 Commander
    It sure does NOT look like a 1953 steering wheel in that picture.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied

In the photobucket site,
    '53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E
    I have a photobucket acct. but I never post pix to this forum from it, so I cant advise you on that one. I use WebShots.
    Here's my WebShots. http://community.webshots.com/user/jerrystudebaker

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    quote:If you folks don't think it's what you think is stock, fine. The door trim is a seriously faded dark blue. My dealings with other marques have repeatedly shown that when you finally think you have it right, there will be an exception, and knowing how ALL the cars came from the factory is a tough thing. Signing out.

'53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E
    You have to admit though, You are dealing with a forum here with thousands of years combined experience. I don't agree with a lot of other stuff written here ,but, I would tend to believe what is written on this forum as far as original colors applied to the '53-4 model Studes.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• ralt12
    replied
    In the photobucket site, the dash is just mocked up with dials randomly as part of a series showing the transition from stock to one modified to use Classic Instruments gauges. You only see part of a series, and it wasn't intended to be functionally or concours-correct. It's just an out-of-context photo that wasn't how the dash came out of the car. As it is, the dash is what it is. If you folks don't think it's what you think is stock, fine. The door trim is a seriously faded dark blue. My dealings with other marques have repeatedly shown that when you finally think you have it right, there will be an exception, and knowing how ALL the cars came from the factory is a tough thing. Signing out.

'53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Jim,
    In your photo the door trim appears to be Loma Gray while the dash and windshield reveal are blue. I don't doubt your sincerity but I have, at times, made statements I sincerely thought were true that later proved to be false impressions. I'm still on the learning curve.
    The instrument pod on your photobucket site appears to have different faces on the oil, temp & clock than it does on the fuel, ammeter & speedo. In addition, the plastic face on the fuel/ammeter is installed backside out. It has been messed with.
    At this point, I have to believe yours is not the way it left the factory but, if you like the blue, I would paint the remainder of the interior trim to match. No foul; it's your car.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Richard Johnson has a NOS one of these hoods, on
    ebay now. Still hard to tell the exact color from
    the picture, but it looks like all the ones I have.
    There is no mistaking the gold, and the other looks
    like it has the brown tint to it. If someone here buys
    it post good pictures

Tex E. Grier

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied

'53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E
    Are you saying that's how the car came from the factory, or how the car came to you?

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• ralt12
    replied

'53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Since the car already appears to be modified, I do not see what the picture proves.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• ralt12
    replied
    Well, Gary, you know these hoods don't have part numbers stamped on them, and I'm not going to start hunting for one just to prove a point. Here's a picture of how the car came, you be the judge:

I got the chromed ones from Steve Allen with a whole dash replacement; the under-dash covers were chrome as well, it actually looks pretty nice.

'53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E

Leave a comment:

Working...
X