1959/60 Lark Wiring Harness Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959/60 Lark Wiring Harness Interchange

I have a 59 engine wiring harness that I'd like to put in my 60 Lark convertable, but I found that they have different part numbers and the wiring diagrams appear to be sligthly different. Is it possible that they changed the wiring harness in 60? Has anyone tried this or know why it wouldn't work?

Nick

Yes they did change the complete harnesses both front and rear, because 1960 is when they started using a disconnect for the rear harness and routing the rear harness IN the car on the floor as opposed to along the frame. [:0]

All of your engine and dash connections should work just fine however, if it's for the correct engine; 6 or 8, and you could modify the wires from the main harness to the tail lights, stop/turn and fuel gauge disconnect by saving your old four way disconnects or buying new ones. [^]

I believe you will find that there is also a disconnect from the main harness to the steering column for turn signals, stop lights and Auto. Trans indicator light, if equipped.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich! I'll have to give it try.

Nick

Comment

RICH is correct about the harness breaks , there is also a difference in terminals , like the reverse lite switch,nuetral safty switch and over drive kickdown ,have screws on the 59 and bullet pins on the 60.You will have to make a two wire harness for the power top also. I have my 60 conv apart (like no two pieces touching each other apart ) so if I can answer any questions let me know.
        JOE

1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
        1960 conv R2 auto
        SDC member since 1972
        http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...DSC01514-3.jpg
        1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
        1960 conv R2 auto
        SDC member since 1972
        http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/59r2/DSC01514-3.jpg

Comment

I'm going to give Studebakers West a call and price out their wiring harnesses before I do anything. If it isn't too expensive or too long of a lead time I'll probably just buy a new one. The current wiring harness is junk because of an engine fire but the previous owner didn't mention if it was fuel or harness related.

Nick

Comment

Working...
          X