Need seat ideas for Champ pick-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need seat ideas for Champ pick-up

I would like to replace the bench seat in my '64 champ pickup. I'd like a split bench, individually adjustable forward and rear, and have the seat backs hinged so I could access the small amount of storage space behind them easily.

Has anyone found a decent brand X seat, consistent with my wish list, that would work in a Champ with a minimum of mounting bracket fabrication?

Thanks,
    Larry

Larry,
    I'd look around for a 61-66 Cruiser split seat, It will have recliner works and will be the right width. Your 8E came with a block of wood at each end of the seat to get the seat height to clear the Trans tunnel. You only have to fab brackets for the inner rails as the factory sedan center bracket may not work. To me that be an easy do, then upholster to your liking. Easier than searching, trial and error for fit.
    Don't hit me too hard,
    Kim

Comment

I agree with Kim but it sounds like you are set on a late model seat. A recent thread talked about late model seats in a C-cab Stude and someone used an S-10 Chevy seat.
      Here is that thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...archTerms=seat

1949 2R17
      R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I used a 60/40 seat combination from a Ford Ranger. It has a fold down armrest which is quite handy. I used the sliders that came with my C-cab and mounted a frame on top of it. If you go the truck forum you will see pictures of it. Also Pete and Judy Sauer have a Champ pickup and they mounted bucket seats in it as well. Their email address is studesrus@shaw.ca

Comment

Just as an after thought if you could get a set of Sebring bucket seats to fit, the seat belts are internal to the seat. This saves a lot of fitting etc. Regards Mark

Comment

s 10 xtended cab seats fold forward and recline. 94 up jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I used Toyota bucket seats in my 62 Champ pickup now i can store things behind them.
              I can also take them out easy to work under the dash.I found the orignal seat to
              be very heavy & awkard to take in & out.

Lenny
              Atlanta Ga.

Comment

How did you fit buckets in a Champ?

I played with that idea but given the shape of the floor there was no way to mount the inside brackets without doing REALLY ugly things to the head room.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
                http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

I got a sawzall and a welder. That will fit there. Seriously, I looked at putting a set of leather buckets from an exploder in mine. They would go with very little modification but there was a tiny bit of cutting and welding involved. They dont tip forward but are power and recline. Steve

sigpic

Comment

I went the easy way out & put in a front seat from a 2 door Lark in mine. Now I have the seat back that folds forward to gain access to the limited space in the rear of the seat area. Easy & CASO to do.

60 Lark convertible
                    61 Champ
                    62 Daytona convertible
                    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2)
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Just a how-not-to pic:

The floors on that 59 Chev. Apache are to die for though[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                      X