Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

question from an old member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question from an old member

I was a member some time ago...lost info on user name / password

anyways Im back

I was the one who posted pic's on hood-scoops and tail light modification's ..

Im looking for gauges that will work in the 49 champion Dont really care if it is org. eq. I ordered some from ...www. and they came as elec not manual for speedo .......... and Im having a hard time finding mechanical speedo that works in my dash ie> for the cable......... Like I said dont really want org eq. dont mind re-doing dash to fit.

Also I need the wire harness and the OD cable that works the overdrive............. So whatcha think? you gots one ......

u can e-mail me @ smwash@pennswoods.net if you like or post here
    Thanks !!

BTW . nice to be back .....hows things going in studie land ?

wow !! 82 views and not ONE reply..........WELCOME BACK DAN !!

Just having sum fun.I know the guys who will respond are busy right now.

but I thought i would hurry up and bring this back to the top b4 it gets lost on the bottom !! .......LOL

Hope all is well with you guys.

Comment

Welcome back 49 Dano!!! For original gauges e/Bay has them sometmes. For aftermarket gauges you could try J.C Whitney or Summit. If you really want to go trick Dakota Didital!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Sorry about the spelling should be Dakota Digital!!!

Comment

I remember you had some neat ideas for hood scoops and body work!! how'd that turn out??? Don't be put off by low # of responses,happens all the time.

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Just had a "bored" moment ..........

Hood scoops turned out really nice, They sat on that hood for a long time B4 I decided to go for it. some guys who come and visit the garage thought they were factory !! .....Hmmmmm

Dont have much body work to do......just light sanding a sealer/primer......then of course paint. Interior is being done by my sis in Ind. She has her own Biz there.....Putting in that orqinal "snake look" on doors and also a foot or so section up the middle of each seat
            You should see the car covers she makes........looks just like the car that is under it.

Still looking for wire harness and gauges........

If I go electric the senors required to operate the elec. gauges ... will they work on stude? or would it be better to go mechanical?

Comment

It would probably be best to convert to 12 volts if you are going to use aftermarket gauges.

Comment

I think gauges pretty much any mechanical aftermarket gauge should work as the stock stude cable drive is set at 1000 revs/mile if you have the right gears in the transmission. the connector on the back of the gauge is a standard stewart warner deal so you can even retain your stock speedo cable.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Hey Champ........... I did convert it over to 12 V that baby turns over alot quicker now !!

So pretty much the mechanical speedo's I get will match the cable on studie?

Comment

quote:So pretty much the mechanical speedo's I get will match the cable on studie?
                    Go to Top of Page
                    You might need a adapter at the speedo end or a new cable since many speedo's have a snap fit end.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                    64 Daytona HT
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    63 Lark 2 door #2
                    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    60 Lark HT
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP ......... you have any contacts on gauges that I can check out ?

Comment

Working...
                      X