dash clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash clock

Read the threads. 1957 Silver Hawk clock. There is a broken or loose spring on the catch that travels with the lower contact wheel. This "catch" bites on the gear that actuall winds the spring via a post. I can see the broke/loose spring & move it freely...not attached. Used a magnifying glass to see the spring & a good flash light. Otherwise the clock seems to work fine. Is there a place to send the clock for the spring repair? LOL I tried to see the spring with my son's toy microscope...no luck but I tried. LOL
    Merry Christmas to all!

Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark

These guys did mine. It was a mess. They went ahead and put electronic guts in it. Bearings were out, spring was broken, and the winder would not even stand up, the ends of the shaft were gone. They said they would fix or change out for electronics for the same money. They were not intimidated by the condition of the clock. It came back when they said it would, and did not miss a beat. They are called "The Clock Works". Their site will not hotlink. 1-800-398-3040. They are in Eagle River Wisconsin.

Comment

try RedLine gauges. Humbolt Tenn, They will restore or replace mech with quartz. Have been using them for 15 plus years

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
      X