Measurement for 63 Avanti needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurement for 63 Avanti needed

My Avanti is 1000 miles away from me right now, so it is kind of hard to go out to my shop and make a measurement. On a stock 63 Avanti what is the distance measured along the steering column from the dash to the back side on the steering wheel.

Thanks it is appreciated ... John

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

What point on the dash and where on the steering wheel?

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

With the tape laying on top of the steering column,it is 8.5 inches to the center cap and 9 inches to the back edge of the top of the wheel.

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

63R-2809 R-2

R-4137 R-1

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bob Langer

With the tape laying on top of the steering column,it is 8.5 inches to the center cap and 9 inches to the back edge of the top of the wheel.

Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

63R-2809 R-2

R-4137 R-1

Thanks Bob, I am looking at alternatives to the original column. There is a company called Ididit that sells tilt steering columns in chrome or paintable steel. Another Avanti owner has installed this and it looks nice and fairly easy to do.

Of course if anyone out there has an original Studebaker Avanti or early Avanti II tilt steering column you want to part with .... PLEASE feel free to contact me.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
        X