Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

bleed brakes, what line first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleed brakes, what line first?

I assume one bleeds the longest brake line first on Studebakers. All opinions( answers) are welcome.

I've always bled the furthest from master first. And, when I'm done, I go around again.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 Commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Always start at the bleeder valve nearest the master cylinder so you don't push air into a line that has already been bled. most cars go LF, RF, LR, RR. I understand that the hillholder also has a bleed screw in it if you have one. If you use a hose connected to the bleeder on each wheel and dipped in a jar of clean brake fluid you can watch as you push the air out and not risk getting air drawn back into the bleeder. Make sure you keep the master cylinder topped off so you don't push air in.
      Rob

Comment

I agree with Rockne 10's procedure.

Comment

Furthest to nearest wheel cylinders and then Hill Holder and power brake booster (if applicable).

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY
          1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
          1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X