NAPA #6551020 Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPA #6551020 Application

I thought I would start a new topic here, but it really is a continuation of a topic started last week, I posted a reply to that topic but something must be wrong with my computer or the net because it did not work. I'd really like to get this motor before the weekend. I just called my local NAPA warehouse to see if they had the heater blower motor 6551020 in stock and they said that was an American part number, and there is no way they can cross-reference it to a Canadian part number.(go figure) What I need to know is what year, make, and model of car 6551020 fits, and I can't figure out how to get the NAPAwebsite to do this. Can someone help? Thanks, Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Most automotive electric motors are sold by shaft size, length and direction of rotation unless they are omni directional (universal) So they don't necessarily have a specific application. You should be able to go to your local NAPA and get one just knowing the things above about your old one.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Part #6551020
      Fits 70's Ford truck F150 thru F350
      Also fits several years thru the 70's Ford vehicles such as 79 Marquis, Cougar, TBIRD
      And early Dodge trucks..

George
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
      George King
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Maybe they just need to type it in their Computer as: 655-1020 ! [:0]

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Maybe they just need to type it in their Computer as: 655-1020 ! [:0]

StudeRich
          I wish![:0][B)] I found out a couple of years back that NAPA in Canada uses a completely different set of part numbers than NAPA in the US. [xx(] They may as well be 2 different companies, they are so different.[V]

Probably why I buy things like air filters and oil filters at NAPA in the US when I visit family. When I go to a NAPA store here at home, they simply give me a funny look when I say "Studebaker". [8]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island Chapter
          http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will try NAPA again tomorrow. Mark
            57, I know what you're talking about. Any time I go to a local parts outlet to get any part for my car and I have to state that it's a Studebaker I usually get a blank stare from the parts person or get the question "who makes that?". I used to have an awesome parts place in Calgary that could usually get Stude stuff, there were still some old partsmen there that actually new how to look stuff up in a parts book rather than stare blank-faced at a computer screen and shrug their shoulders. Sadly, the place closed down a couple of years back (sigh). Funny thing is this shop was literally two blocks away from the NAPA warehouse.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I have found that as all the other once good parts stores napa has gone around the bend. And find myself sourcing parts on line.

fred

Comment

Working...
              X