No announcement yet.

New guy from New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of interesting ideas here, and in a couple emails I received on the side. I believe I will take things slow, do some learning and thinking. A post from nvonada pointed out an especially helpful link for bringing the car back to life, so I think I will follow that, and the conservative 6v path for a while at least, until I know a little more.

Although I bought this car on a bit of a whim, I was following an instinct that it would be a good long term project, so I wasn't looking for any quick easy answers.

I did practice a little cleanup of stainless trim (Inside work- baby it's cold outside), and found my Burr King grinder to be very helpful, at least for the convex shape (inside top of door) I was working on. I started with Trizact A65 and worked to A6, then switched to buffing with L'Hommedieu stainless compounds, but I need to practice a bit more, I can get out the random scratches, but haven't gotten quite the perfect shine yet.

Thanks for the very nice welcome, you will hear more from me in the months ahead.

Comment

Working...
    X