Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Positive or Neg Ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive or Neg Ground?

I've been asked by a radio supplier if my Avanti is a positive or negative ground.
    Which is it?
    Hate to sound stupid but I have no idea.
    Thanks...

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

negative ground.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Two minutes and four seconds!!!
      I knew someone would come through..
      Thanks...

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

When you consider that Mr. Biggs replied so promptly and has posted 5,000+ posts, I believe we should pity rather than praise him. The poor guy must have nothing better in life to do than wait for some hapless soul needing information. (Just kidding Mr. Biggs, keep it up. If we couldn't poke fun at each other, life would be very boring indeed!)

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take Mr. Biggs to reply with a witty comeback?

Comment

Well, John - I've been away from the house for the afternoon or I'd have answered sooner. Absolutely NO offense taken as to my quick response times. I'm in and out of the office all thru the day and I'll hit refresh to see if anything new's been posted. If I can offer advice, I do so. Fact is, of late I've let some things slide just to let others chime in with their expertise![^]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Letting some things slide? Not very wise, at least concerning the benefits the rest of us receive. What if Noah had let some things slide and not gotten his ark built on time? Instead of having a pet cat or dog, we'd have a pet catfish or dogfish. What if Alexander Graham Bell had let some things slide? We'd all be talking into soup cans with a string attached. And if Guttenberg had let things slide, the paperboy would look like Charles Atlas because the sports section would be chiseled into a stone tablet. So keep it coming because there's a few of us who may actually learn something from the wise council of a venerable old sage like yourself.

Comment

since we're talking about a fiberglass bodied car, wouldn't it be more correct to call it "negative common" since the "ground" is provided by wires in the harness?

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                X