SEAT BELTS IN 50 COMMANDER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEAT BELTS IN 50 COMMANDER

Has any one installed three point seat belts in their 1950 Commander ?....also has anyone installed a suicide door safety latch on their car ?...How difficult are these item to install ?...thanks John

John, that is a good question. I would like to know the answer to that.

Comment

Am wondering about your wording "suicide door safety latch". There was an option for a device that would lock the door handle mechanism on the back door if the front door latch was locked. Is this what you mean? As it was a factory made option, I would think that there might still be some available as parts, and definitely on a small number of parts cars. My car had it until my brother and I became teenagers at which time my dad took them off. I don't have the parts anymore, but the device was an extension pin mounted in the common door pillar which was driven backwards by the front door latch lock into the rear door, effectively latching the rear door shut.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

That item sounds very similar to the item I am talking about...it is sold by "Juliano`s in Ellington CT...check their web site at www.julianos.com ...John

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Am wondering about your wording "suicide door safety latch". There was an option for a device that would lock the door handle mechanism on the back door if the front door latch was locked. Is this what you mean? As it was a factory made option, I would think that there might still be some available as parts, and definitely on a small number of parts cars. My car had it until my brother and I became teenagers at which time my dad took them off. I don't have the parts anymore, but the device was an extension pin mounted in the common door pillar which was driven backwards by the front door latch lock into the rear door, effectively latching the rear door shut.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
        X