1982 Avanti Shop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Avanti Shop Manual

Does anyone have a source to obtain a shop manual for the 1982 Avanti equipped with the 305 cu inch engine.

Thanks
    Steve

Hi, Steve. I think most guys with Avanti II's pick up a shop manual for the 1963-64 Avanti, and then buy the appropriate Chevrolet shop manual that covers the year of Chevy engine they have. When I had an Avanti II, I bought the big "Motors Manual" for my year. That had most of the engine, transmission, and rear end info and service data I needed. Best, John in Wisconsin

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jolly-John

Hi, Steve. I think most guys with Avanti II's pick up a shop manual for the 1963-64 Avanti, and then buy the appropriate Chevrolet shop manual that covers the year of Chevy engine they have. When I had an Avanti II, I bought the big "Motors Manual" for my year. That had most of the engine, transmission, and rear end info and service data I needed. Best, John in Wisconsin
      Thanks John, My mechanic has manuals on the engine but we need info on the steering, suspension and drivetrain for the car. Is the 82 identical to the 63 except for the engine? I thought they were totally different.

Also the car has been in the shop for almost a month while we have been trying to locate steering/power steering components. We finally found a shop in Calif. that can rebuild a couple of items and they were sent off today. We were able to find a new power steering pump but nothing else is available new for the steering on the car. My mechanic told me the parts are GM.

Thanks again,

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X