Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Floor pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor pans

Just wondering if anybody has any pics of floor pan repairs so I can get a better idea of how best to fix mine.Door seals are gone too.

What kind of pans and who was the supplier? There are no less than 2-3 manufacturers. It may make a difference when someone is giving the information you need. All pans are not created alike no matter what the seller specifies what they fit. Some are a bit universal fit looking and may fit into other cars as well as they fit a Stude. Some are much more refined than others. All are better than a street sign or cookie sheet. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I'm gonna be making them up myself with just some sheetmetal.I just wanted to get some ideas from some other ppl that have done it before.It'll be going in a 59 lark 6.Plus I'm kind of a tall guy and when I sit in the car I don't have alot of head room so I'm gonna drop the pans down about a inch or so just under the seat rails to help out.

Comment

Welcome to the forum hopsBB. Might be easier making it into a skytop although serving the same purpose but it would then be only a fair weather driver. Have fun and post pictures. Sounds very interesting what you may have planned. Sorta like the step down Hudsons. Let us know of future progress of your car. You might consider using a lower height seat but you probably are leaning more toward originality from what I gather[8D] jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Nice job, Brad. I used the CE panels and the pillar and frame supports, too. As Jimmmijim suggests, I hope I got it right the first time. Your installation doesn't have the "climatizer" opening, but they work fine with either situation. Dropping the floor is a novel idea but one may find some problems with the master cylinder, emergency brake routing, exhaust routing and that big cross member. Would love to see how it turns out.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Whoops, I just noticed the climatizer opening. Smooth!
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

So I shouldn't use all these free street signs I've been collecting?[B)]

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

What kind of pans and who was the supplier? There are no less than 2-3 manufacturers. It may make a difference when someone is giving the information you need. All pans are not created alike no matter what the seller specifies what they fit. Some are a bit universal fit looking and may fit into other cars as well as they fit a Stude. Some are much more refined than others. All are better than a street sign or cookie sheet. jimmijim

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

I had a friend use a yeild sign to patch his floor pan onetime,it worked pretty good too.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hopsBB

I had a friend use a yeild sign to patch his floor pan onetime,it worked pretty good too.
                    I yield to your friends expertise.{but} Are you sure it was a yield sign? Yield signs are triangular and generally not enough sq. inches to patch the large gaping areas most prevalent in most Studebakers, let alone their bigger counterparts. If it was red with white letters and had 8 sides there's a darn good chance it was a stop sign. I was watching the Tucker movie today and saw a great innovation on one of his prototype vehicles that might be of interest to you and other tall drivers. It was a military prototype 4 wheeled vehicle resembling an early Jeep. Turret top mounted on the roof. I wouldn't advise using a gun with it unless you might be an avid deer hunter.[8D]jimmijim

Comment

Pretty sure it was a yeild sign.I could see a fifty cal. mounted up there.Sure would help out during rush hour

Comment

I once had an old Plymouth that if you lifted the driver side rear floor mat...it read NC State Line, then lift the passenger rear mat...SC State Line.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yi haa!!

Comment

"No Parking" signs are a better choice for patching floors then yield signs...

Of course steel is much better!

Jeff DeWitt
                            http://carolinastudes.net
                            Jeff DeWitt
                            http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

I have a 1965 IH pickup with plow that has some minor rust issues. Without the floor, the cab is unsupported and therefor it has dropped 3 inches and therefor the transfer case shift lever is stuck into the underside of the dash. Fortunately this has a hydraulic clutch so therefor there is no linkage to get out of whack. Unfortunately the master cylinder for the clutch is shared with the brakes (a single chamber with two push rods) and the brakes leaked and now the clutch doesnt disengage. Anyway, this is my project for this week. I will weld where I can but I will also use sheet metal screws or pop rivets for the floor pans. Good times! [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                              MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X