Rocker panels on a 63 Wagonaire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker panels on a 63 Wagonaire??

Starting to do the body on my 63 lark wagonaire.Someone over the years replaced the rocker on the car and never did a very good job.So I have to replace them. I am looking to find out or see the lower side of the rocker where the rocker meet the floor.I do alot of metal work so plan is to make my own rocker panal.Mine is just a mess and don`t know how the underside is mounted to the car.Any links or pictures of the lower side of the rocker would be great??

You may want to check out this site before attempting to make your rockers. http://www.classicent.com/sedans_wagons_59_66.php

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks for the link.I have made many a rocker over the years.that is not my problem.knowing how they are shaped is the problem.

Comment

SI has both 2dr. and 4dr. nos rockers.
        Kim

Comment

SI ?? do they have a web site with pictures?

Comment

I do a lot of metal work too. But the ones on my 56 wagon I wouldn't attempted to duplicate. I got mine from Classic Enterprises.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
            http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/

Comment

SI, is Studebaker Internatioal.
              Go to SDC club web site and you'll find a link to their Site.
              Kim

Comment

I know I can buy a set but I am not going to.This is a shop rig and to most they would of used it as a parts car.It has alot of rust.I like the look and want to show what I am able to do when it comes to metal work.must be some side shots or a shot of a wagon on a ramp.

Comment

What kinda of side shots are you looking for? I have some from my '65 wagoinaire that I used to have. Not real close up, but might work.

Comment

One can lead a horse to water but if the horse prefers a mud puddle filled with water it may be preferred by the horse. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bullet any side shot the closer the better.

Jimmijim8 A new set of rockers will cost me more then the car cost!! Thanks the muddy water tasted great!!!

Comment

These are pics from a 1964 Daytona 2 door hardtop, but are similar to yours. These are only fastened to the edge of the floor. My floor had a previous homemade repair and the floor patch panel has a flange bent down on the outer edge for fastening the rocker. I believe they were originally spot welded but mine had been replaced and fastened with pop rivets in the weatherstrip channel (the weatherstripping covered the rivet heads).
                        This pic shows the underside on the car.
                        At the top left is the weather strip channel (not to be confused with the Weather Channel

The dirty side is the bottom of the rocker. The stepped flange fits underneath the front fender. Notice the gradual arc to the length.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                        sigpic

Comment

unreal!! just what I wanted to see.Thankyou very much. There is no lip on the lower side of the rocker on my car.It is a ruff package. You have any pics of the inner rocker??

Comment

The tall flange is about 2-1/4" high and the short flange of the floor edge is about 1-1/4" high and these two flanges are about 2-1/4" apart.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Friend got good repro but"non-exact" rockers, and then had endless problems trying to get door fit and everything else right on his 54C. I just bought rockers from Classic Enterprises for my 63 Wagonaire, and they weren't that expensive. You know, if you were being really Stude-frugal, you might buy a set from Classic and see if you could duplicate them yourself, and then sell the Classic ones.

Jim B on PEI
                              63 259 o/d Wagonaire
                              57 Champion W4 o/d
                              57 Champion W4 automatic

Comment

Working...
                              X