Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Installing a Overdrive Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Overdrive Solenoid

Is there a trick to installing an o/d solenoid? I read the service manual several times ('51 Champion) but it's a little vague. I understand it's easy to install it wrong by not turning the shaft a quarter turn or something. I don't want to take mine out unless I'm confident I can get it back in right. Thanks for any help.

Dennis Napier

Just unbolt, rotate to release, and remove, reverse to install. I don't recall CW or CCW, read the book.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It's really easy, Dennis. undo the wires, undo the two bolts holding it to the tranny and turn it CCW about a quarter turn. Then extract it. Reverse of same proceedure going back in with it. Really - very easy.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen for the advice. Now on to locating another solenoid, which will require a new topic.

Dennis Napier

Comment

Working...
        X