Land Cruiser Donor car for a Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Cruiser Donor car for a Champ

I was trolling ebay and I saw a 1948 Land Cruiser, and I thought that it may make a mighty fine parts car. But I want to find out what parts I could swap from the LC to my 47 Champ. I really need a trunk lid. Window regulators door glass, and spare suspension parts.

Any info I could get from you folks would be great.

Thanks,
    Ryan

If it's this one
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I wouldn't take apart a nicer car than mine LOL
      Here is the one I was looking at.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

You are not telling if you have a 4 or 2 Door so I'll presume you have a 4 door 1947 Champion.

Trunk lid, front door regulators, glass and suspension parts should swap out. Rear door regulators, I am not sure.

If you don't have the Body & Chassis parts manuals get them from a Studebaker Vendor. That will tell you more about interchanges.

Best regards,

Henry Votel,
        Forest Lake, MN
        Moderator: Editors & Publishers Forum
        Henry Votel,
        Forest Lake, MN
        Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

quote:Originally posted by svrex

I wouldn't take apart a nicer car than mine LOL
          Here is the one I was looking at.

Uh..........that LC also looks too nice to cut up; if anything, you may be better off using your Champ as a parts car to put the eBay one on the road.

Believe me; if I had the $$$-----------I would pounce on that eBay car myself. I live 100 miles away from it here in the Phx area

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
          X