Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building an ohv manifold

Two intake thoughts for a ohv six...

I have been mulling the fabrication of a 2bb manifold, using a modified stromberg WW for my OHV six for a while and I may give it a try since I a bit of time, scrap and plenty of old WWs.

First, is there any one out there that can cut some flanges close to the original with the rectangular hole? Somewhere in the house I have some aftermarket exhause flanges but they all have round hole that would go over the rectangular hole... flow problem?

On another manifold note, perhaps the easiest thing might be to tripower the six with one small carb per intake port but what carb would you use for about 57 cid of engine. Just have to weld up three runners and figure out a linkage on this one... oh and syncing up the whole mess too.

Oh well, If I think about it too much, I'll probably shelve the idea again

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Hi, Jeff,

FWIW, the Brits used multiple sidedraft SU carbs on smaller engines than the Champion. If I were doing it, I'd find three of the SUs as used on the early MGs. Three of them on a simple welded tube intake with a balance tube between them would look really trick.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

Come on Jeff

Don't give up that easy. The flanges can be cut by tracing the opening and drilling the corners and cutting with a metal cutting saber saw. Clean it up with a file or air grinder. To match the tubing just make a tapered rectangular shape that matches the opening and form/drive the tubing over it. A little welding and drilling and PRESTO!!! - manifold.

If it was in my shop I'd mill the flange but that's not necessary as the above will work.

The nice thing about having time is that it's free and needs to be filled.

All I can say is AVANTI (forward) Dang it, don't drop the thought now, it's to neat an idea.

P.S. When you're done with that add a Turbo[]

Bob

Comment

I would use a variable venturi type carb x 3. If you have a motorcycle salvage yard check them out. Three Amals would look slick but you probably would hav e to settle for mikunis and they are much easier to jet anyhow.

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
        64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
        61 V8 Tcab
        61 Tcab 20R powered
        55 Commander Wagon
        54 Champion Wagon
        46 Gibson Model A
        50 JD MC
        If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
        64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
        61 V8 Tcab
        63 Tcab 20R powered
        55 Commander Wagon
        54 Champion Wagon
        46 Gibson Model A
        50 JD MC
        45 Agricat
        67 Triumph T100
        66 Bultaco Matadore

Comment

now we are talking,offenhauser makes a 2x1 intake which is popular however if you want to use 3x1 intake offy may have an answer.part #5017 or #5205.these are 3x1 intakes for the 144-200 6 cylinder 1960-1969. the ford 6 has a intake cast into the head so you have to machine the head so the intake will fit. but if your intake is long enough you could have it machined at a good machine shop and the intake comes with installation kit and progressive throttle linkage kit.you would use carter or autolite carbs. just an idea.but check to see if it will fit your intake.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Working...
          X