Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 6 Bell Housing

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a big 6 bell housing off of a c-cab truck.
    I am guessing there is an adapter plate, hoping to find that part as well.
    If anybody is parting out a big truck with the big 6 I would like to hear from you.

Take a look at my ebay action under 1950 Commander big 6 3 speed OD transmission. It is listed. It has the bell housing. Also, I have pressure plate and clutch. Roy Valdez Also, look on ebay for 1951 Business Coupe. From there, you call find my listing for the Big six Trans. Roy

Comment

thanks for the heads up on your ebay listing. looking at the pix, starter is in the right place. can you tell me the spread on the tranny to bell housing bolts? across top, then top to bottom, each side (i think each side may be different). also, a bit hard to measure with the tranny attached, but can you make a good guess at the bell housing length, from motor mount surface to tranny mount surface?
      thanks again roy!

Comment

Sure, I will give the deminsions in the morning. I will provide Center point from side to side, and top to bottom. Also, I will give you deminsions from where the bell housing butts up to the backing plate to the top of surface where the trany mounts. Do you need the backing plate, flywheel, and starter. Note: I am looking for a 1950 Commander Automatic Bell housing plus backing plate, torque converter, ring gear, linkage, starter for automatic. Year only. Roy

Comment

Ok, This is what I got using a measuring tape.
          Top side to side 6 inches
          Bottom side to side 6 inches
          Left side top to botton 5 3/4
          Right side top to bottom 5 3/4

I used center point of hole.
          From were bell housing bolts on to the backing plate to the back of engine 245 and to the top of the surface where the tranny lays on the height was 7 inches.

Let me know if this works for you. This came off a big six motor.

Comment

Go to the Studebaker truck group.
            These guys know their Stude trucks.
            I believe the Stude truck bell housings are truck only!

Comment

If the trucks are using a 245, This is the bell housing they use. There nothing else to use.

Comment

Now, I just pulled my 245 motor out of my c-cab. I have those parts that you need. Bell housing is the same. Roy

Comment

Correction: The bell housing off of my commander C-cab is different in looks from my 1950 Commander that I advertised on ebay. What I did, I measured the bell housing off of my 245 motor from the c-cab. I have: bell housing, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate to those person who want to buy them.

Comment

Working...
                  X