No announcement yet.

1947 Newbie Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might contact Dennis Mills. He is a member of SDC in Tucson and has a 49 Champion. superstude at msn.com.. He drive the car from St. Louis to AZ some time back and I am sure it went faster than 60MPH

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk
    1964 Convertable
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1950 Commander Starlight

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Ya didn't do it right? Start over again and make sure you follow the shop manual carefully. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

If gas started shooting out the clearance hole for the metering rod, then the carburetor float valve is not closing when the bowl gets filled. Valve could be installed wrong, float could be hanging up, or the float could have been punctured and is now sinking. But it's definitely a problem with the float system.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

If ithas been changed over to 12 v. the solenoid is fried by now, it being a 6 v.you will need a 12 v. solenoid and the o.d. will be good to go .

James R Jones
          James R Jones

Comment

well it was the float so no gas shooting out of the carb anymore and the car ideled nicely on a gravity feed. My Fuel pump doesn't pump so the new should be here today. I was through the land of OZ (My trunk) yesterday and I found a cable that had OD on it. I still haven't been able to get uinder the car and look at the trans. I hope to post some pics as soon as I get the car on jack stands. Thanks for the help so far and keep checking back, because one of 2 things is going to happen. A.) I get the car on the highway or B.) I will post pics of the fire.

Thanks,
            Ryan

Comment

Call Chuck Collins at Studebaker Parts, I am sure that he can steer you in the right direction to get it fixed. He is one of our vendors and has helped me quite a bit. And he lives there(Phoenix).

Comment

Working...
              X