mopar cop wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mopar cop wheels

I have a set of mopar cop wheels I want to use on a 62 Lark wagon. Will these work and what size tire should be used? Thanks

Those are the 'donut' wheels, right?[:0][]
    (Hidin' from Ossifer Dave)
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by chinaadoptions

I have a set of mopar cop wheels I want to use on a 62 Lark wagon. Will these work and what size tire should be used? Thanks
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

They'll work but at some deterioration in ride quality. Those I had were [u]heavy</u>.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Beng cop wheels, I guess donut would be appropriate.

Comment

You were always in detention when you were a kid, werent't you?

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Those are the 'donut' wheels, right?[:0][]
          (Hidin' from Ossifer Dave)
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by chinaadoptions

Comment

yes, these are quite heavy.

Comment

I think if you are going to run a full wheel cover any advantage of the cop car wheels would go away. You could probably sell them on ebay, get a set of regualr wheels and have change left.

On the other hand if you have or are going to have disc brakes and want a build a road racer they look great with fat blackwalls and dog dish caps.

Best so far 15.065 @ 91.84 MPH Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Summer 2009.

Comment

Fat black tires with dog dish caps is what I had in mind.

Comment

Are they 6.5 or 7.0 inches wide? If they're 7's, you may have some clearance on the rear depending on what size tire you use. Trial and error on fitment. Ask me how I know. The car pictured below has 8"ers front and rear. Had to do a small amount of fender lip work front and rear, but it's not noticable. Tire size is 225/70/15. No tire to fender contact any where on or off the track. Good luck with your project.

Dan Miller
                  Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                  Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Dan
                    Wheels are 7 inch. What size tires do you think will be best to avoid clearence problems? I don't need to ask you how you know about this, hope your trial and error will help me. Thanks Irv

Comment

Irv,
                      I have a sneeky hunch your wagon may have less clearance in the rear than my Challenger. Most people commonly use the 6" Ford rims that have a "close to stock" off-set. Unfourtinately that wheel, Kelsey- Hayes (now Hayes-Lemmerez(sp))#X40273 was discontinued aprox. 2 yrs ago. There are other wheels that will work, just watch for the correct off-set. The most commonly used radial tire is a 205/75/15. On your 7" wheels you might make a 215/70/15 fit, but it might take a little "metal massageing" for clearance. Go to your tire store and rummage through their scrap tire bin for a size you want to try, mount it up and bolt it on. I would sure do that before I bought new tires only to find out they won't fit.[xx(] Let me know your outcome. For some more pictures, go to the top of page 2 of Members Pictures.

Dan Miller
                      Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Thanks Dan, appreciate the informaton.

Comment

Thanks Dan, appreciate the informaton.

Comment

Working...
                          X