Sport Roof Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Roof Trim

I have a chance to get the Sport Roof trim off of a '64 GT parts car. How exactly does it come off? There are two screws on the ends but I believe there must be some other clips through the roof that hold it down in the middle. I thought I would ask before a screw it up.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Hey Dan, there are two, maybe three special screws that bolt it on thru the roof. So you'll need to drill the holes thru the roof. As I recall the nuts used some sort of sealing material behind them, but you'll want to reinforce that with silicone or similar waterproof stuff. You'll need to remove the headliner to do the job.

(Still working on the CE inner fender kits, thanks for your passenger side template. Finally finished the fronts, working on the rears. Lots of improvising-one major area: the pedal shield. They said remove and discard!! Dangerous advice!! That's one of the few real safety features Studebaker designed onto the Hawk, and it really needs to be there! On the passenger side, used your template as a start, ended up making the panel go down further towards the frame rail.) Dan

Comment

Dan, My car has the trim strip and vinyl top and is completly apart if you want to take a look.

Mark, down in Dover

Comment

Thanks Mark! I may take you up on your offer!

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
        X