Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Lowering a Stude. How To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering a Stude. How To?

Found this pic on the H.A.M.B.
    I, for one, have never seen a Stude lowered as much as this one

Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Wow, that is amazing!! Surely one of the most unique ways to keep the sun from destroying the interior of a car.

Thanks for sharing, I think this one is a good "wallpaper" background for my work computer.

E. West
    "The Speedster Kid"
    Sunny Northern California
    Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
    And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
    Best Regards,
    Eric West
    "The Speedster Kid"
    Sunny Northern California
    Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
    And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
    55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
    55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
      I, for one, have never seen a Stude lowered as much as this one
      ...and I can hear the owner now "Not for sale. I'm going to restore it some day."

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

You surprise me Jeff. This is a common street rodder modification. This particular low stance is known as being " in the weeds". Very cool in some circles.

Dan
        52 hardtop

Comment

RIP

Donald Erickson
          Bemidji, MN
          1953 Champion (project)
          1956 Commander (driver)http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...tudes_0015.jpg

Comment

The way the cars in the foreground are buried makes me wonder if the site is close to a large stream or river. I could see a flood event swirling sand around and depositing it in and around the cars. If you notice, the cars in the background aren't buried but appear to be at a higher elevation. This reminds me of 1995 when the Missouri River flooded numerous bottomland areas and scoured out holes up to 80 feet deep and deposited sand 5-8 feet deep in other areas. The best part was where it cut through a ridge where a cemetary was located and sent coffins floating down river. Some of those folks showed up 75 miles downstream!

Comment

John K. wrote: "The way the cars in the foreground are buried makes me wonder if the site is close to a large stream or river."

Ya know, John - that was my thinking. In fact, the phrase "Chopped and CHANNELED" cqame to mind when I first saw that pic![:0][:I]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The trailer it's on is even worse.

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Working...
                X