Hawk rear deck cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk rear deck cover

I purchased a rear deck cover (colored cardboard) from SI. Should it be a good fit or have to be cut to fit? Where the holes are prepunched, I will have to cut the curved side to make it fit. If I cut the straight side, it will be to small side to side and the pre drilled holes will not line up.

Not sure how I will get it cut on the right curve. Seems like the wrong part.
    Does some one make one that fits or does not have holes pre drilled or just start cutting?

Dell
    59 Silver Hawk
    62 GT Hawk
    Dell
    59 Silver Hawk
    62 GT Hawk

I just did that on my Hawk. I had to cut the curved side, I just
    took careful measurements beforehand to get the holes to line up. I covered mine in vinyl before I put it in. I also had the clips (decorative buttons) from SI; they were a tight fit, I had to tap them in with a small rubber mallet.

Joe D.

Comment

I'm not sure if Larks install the same as Hawks, but I just removed the shelf cover (what was left of it anyway) from my '61. The cover went tightly under the rear glass seal at least an inch. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a new one back under completely with the window in place. Might be why you're having trouble getting it to fit, just a thought, someone else may know for sure.

Skinny
      Watertown, SD
      Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wdsj

I purchased a rear deck cover (colored cardboard) from SI. Should it be a good fit or have to be cut to fit? Where the holes are prepunched, I will have to cut the curved side to make it fit. If I cut the straight side, it will be to small side to side and the pre drilled holes will not line up.

Not sure how I will get it cut on the right curve. Seems like the wrong part.
        Does some one make one that fits or does not have holes pre drilled or just start cutting?

Dell
        59 Silver Hawk
        62 GT Hawk
        I never trimmed mine, it fits under the weatherstrip a bit and make sure you remove the back seat cushion.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I never trimmed mine, it fits under the weatherstrip a bit and make sure you remove the back seat cushion.

Same with the one I did recently on my '63 Lark. Tight, but perfect fit.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

If I could get it under the rear window weatherstrip, the width would be about right. But, it would not fit flat on the deck.
            There is at least a half inch rise from the flat deck to the edge of the weatherstrip. There is a flat area on the deck then a rise with a lip then another rise (no lip) to the edge of the weatherstrip. May the cover I have is for a lark?

Dell
            59 Silver Hawk
            62 GT Hawk
            Dell
            59 Silver Hawk
            62 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X