Hood Springs/Trunk Springs 62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a side note.
    On the Hawks and Coupes ,inspect your hood hinges!!!
    My friend hinges broke and he messed up his beautiful paint job.
    Bob

Comment

The springs are necessary to give controlling resistance. Also, they give stability as the hinges break over their peak "Pivot point." Once they are in their open or closed position, they also provide "stay" stability. If you have a few moments of meaningless life to kill...take you trunk hinge springs off, close the trunk, and go for a ride on a bumpy road. After that...you should never question the value of the springs again.(same for the hood)

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Peter
        The struts came off the rear hatch door of Holden Commodore station wagon.It has a reasonably sized back door.
        There must be an equivalent station wagon over there that would have a similar capacity and size strut to work.
        If you have no luck email me and I will get a quote for the struts over here .
        pb

Comment

Peter
          The struts came off the rear hatch door of Holden Commodore station wagon.It has a reasonably sized back door.
          There must be an equivalent station wagon over there that would have a similar capacity and size strut to work.
          If you have no luck email me and I will get a quote for the struts over here .
          pb

Comment

Working...
          X