No announcement yet.

Replacement Carb for 63 Lark w.259 c.i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Carb for 63 Lark w.259 c.i?

I just got a beat up 63 Wagonaire imported in from Colorado. It has a 259 v-8 in it that looks in good shape.
    After checking a few things out, like fuel pressure, the Ford 2100 series carb on the car was leaking gas badly. It is on the engine with two adapter plates making it fit.
    A whole lot of hose connectors were closed off-- that looked really mickey mouse.
    Instead of rebuilding something that isn't correct, or buying a Stromberg WW rebuilt without a core ($350.00) or buying an old core that may or may not work, is there a modern 2 bbl. carb that would fit and work well?
    Thanks for your replies.
    Jim Ober
    Simi Valley, CA
    '63 Avanti R2 4711
    '53 Commander
    '63 Wagonaire

Jim Ober

a carter two barrel of a 318 dodge has the same base plate as my 55 commander 259 V-8. Haven't put mine on yet but seem it should be close for jetting.

Comment

Jim, I'm located in Hawthorne, CA just south of LAX and I can supply you with a good Stromberg WW carb for a bunch less than $350.00 for your 259. If you're interested let me know. Bud

Comment

Rochester two barrel is the same.

Comment

Jim, you gotta check out Ebay as there is a brand new Bendix Stromberg for this car. Starting bid is $75!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
          MN iron ore...it does your body good.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oberjim
            is there a modern 2 bbl. carb that would fit and...

I don't think you can use "modern" and "carb" in the same sentence.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
            X