No announcement yet.

Steering Arms Quick Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably get blasted for this, but here goes...
    The company I work for sources aftermarket engine parts from all over the world. We have warehouses in India and China that I am responsible for, hence, I travel to Asia about 6-8 times a year. About 10 years back, we came to the realization that we either had to source product offshore, or we might as well close up shop. We could not sell US made product against foreign competition, and our customers were not willing to pay a premium for US made product. I will be the first to tell you that you need to be VERY careful when selecting vendors. I do not buy anything without personally performing factory audits, and maintaining direct links with management. I refuse to deal with trading companies or middle men, because you loose that link with the true manufacturer. We do not buy from the cheapest source. We buy from the highest quality source that allows us to sell competitively and make a reasonable return on our investment. We audit raw material records, and quality inspections on every lot we purchase. It has enabled our company to not just remain in business, but we have expanded our product offering, turned a profit, and keep administrative, management, and sales people employed here.
    You can buy a lot of junk overseas, but if you are devoted to a quality product, you can buy that as well, but it does take vigilance. It is the only realistic way an aftermarket parts supplier, or a supplier for obsolete car parts can offer many of the items that they do carry.

Steve
    Minden, Nevada

1950 2R5 truck
    1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Working...
    X