Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Weber replacemant for Stromberg WW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber replacemant for Stromberg WW

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/aca...?productid=178
    Anyone use one? My Stromberg needs a rebuild and this carb is almost as much as the rebuild kit. Makes it rater tempting.

That carb will not work without some modifications to your intake manifold.
    This is a popular swap carb because it is a progressive secondary carb...
    (the two throttle blades open separately like a 4 barrel does.
    This means you would have odd and even fuel distribution problems.
    But...
    If you were to machine out the entire center divider between the two halves of the intake (late style 2bbl intake) ...
    Then it would work.
    If you have an early 2bbl intake, you could use one 'if' you ran an adapter like this one I made up a while ago....

(more pic's at
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/239758997Eavalq?start=0
    But then you run into linkage issues what with the rotation of the carb...
    This is a great choice of carb for a 1bbl swap (with adapter)..
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by JDC

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/aca...?productid=178
    Anyone use one? My Stromberg needs a rebuild and this carb is almost as much as the rebuild kit. Makes it rater tempting.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I do have a 2 jet Rochester, I'm just not sure about this Carb in particular. Would the Rochester be a good option?

Comment

If I do rebuild the Stromberg, where do I find the part number. I have a 1961 Lark with a 259 if that helps.

Comment

Jeff made that adapter for me. I wanted to try it on my 53, with the 232, but hood clearance got in the way.

If you get a Holly Webber, be sure to get the electric choke. I had the coolant choke and it leaked. The tighter I screwed it down the bigger the cracks got.

I did run it on a flathead six, the mileage increased from 18.7 to 23.9 This was a three speed, no OD, with a 4.09 rear axle. It did not increase the 'pep' of the car.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
          Tom Bredehoft
          '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
          '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
          ....On the road, again....
          '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
          All Indiana built cars

Comment

If you look close, you can see Tom's initials on his 'print'..
            (I could never draw a line that srtraight with my crayon set)
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Tom B

Jeff made that adapter for me. I wanted to try it on my 53, with the 232, but hood clearance got in the way.
            If you get a Holly Webber, be sure to get the electric choke. I had the coolant choke and it leaked. The tighter I screwed it down the bigger the cracks got.
            I did run it on a flathead six, the mileage increased from 18.7 to 23.9 This was a three speed, no OD, with a 4.09 rear axle. It did not increase the 'pep' of the car.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It's wonderful what you can do with AutoCad. It looks downright professional. I have to admit I learned to use AutoCad in my work, so I guess it was professional.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
              '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
              ....On the road, again....
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

the Stromberg # is just above the inlet on the flatover the bowl. 6-132 or the like. These carbs work well with a good rebuild. KP

Ken Pyle

Comment

I'm replacing the Stromberg WW carb on my 259 with a Carter 2bbl off a 318 Dodge. Base gasket is the same going to try next week. I'll let you know.

Comment

Most Chrysler Products 2 Brl. Carbs. during certain '50's-'60's years were Stromberg WW Carbs. with different throttle linkage than Studebaker, I have modified the DeSoto version to work on '62-'64 Studes.! [^]

StudeRich
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                    X